Thorough update on Equine Dentistry in this 2 day workshop
After the sold-out edition in September, Vetrident and Equide are now offering a second chance to follow this course. Broaden your skills and become more confident in all aspects of equine dentistry! This course provides you with tons of useful background information and practical tips & tricks in an informal atmosphere. Suitable for both new graduates as well as more experienced equine veterinary dentists.
Time and place
- When? November 08 2021 09:00 – November 09 2021 18:00
- Where? Equide - DA Wouter Demey - Stappersestraat 3 3290 Schaffen
- For who? This is a course for licensed veterinarians and veterinary students. Max nr. of participants is 10 with a minimum of 6.
- By who? This course is organised under the wings of the Nordic College of Equine Dentistry (NCED). The course will be given by Dr Torbjorn Lundstrom, DVM Stijn Teysen (FNCED) and DVM Wouter Demey (FNCED) at Veterinary practice Equide (Schaffen, Belgium)
- Lectures will be given in English.
- Registration: equide.be or via DVM Wouter Demey firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations close on the 1st of November 2021.
- Course fee: €1295 excl. VAT for 2-day course including all breaks & lunch + dinner Tuesday evening. Veterinary students or new graduates (2020-2021) get 10% discount.
- Please register yourself as soon as possible if you want to attend this course as places are very limited (email@example.com).
Evolution of the horse and the horse's dentition - applied embryology and anatomy
Oral examination - techniques and equipment
Occlusion and common occlusal patterns in the equine
Oral pathology - Part 1
Bitfitting - What the *bleep* do we know
Interactive case discussions: participants are encouraged to send in cases.
Oral pathology - Part 2 - update on diastemata and periodontitis
Oral pathology - Part 3 - update on apical infections and treatment options
Basic X-Ray-projections and interpretation - How to make diagnostic set of X-Rays
The power of odontoplasty - how to float horse's teeth
Rotating wetlab: Case presentations, X-Rays, work-up case
Summing-up and end of course
Participants are encouraged to send in relevant questions or documented cases prior to the course (deadline 1st of November).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.